Monday, July 25, 2011

Africa Photos

We just returned from an unforgettable visit to South Africa and Zimbabwe. The natural wonders that we witnessed were so vast that I had to try my hand at a little amateur nature photography. To see a small sampling of the over 3,000 photos I shot at Victorian Falls, Soweto, Cape Town and on Safari, click on the baboon below. Mara has also shared a number of the photos on her Facebook page, with some narrative.

It's not easy to leave the bush. When driving home from JFK on the Van Wyck this morning, I saw a large construction crane and instinctively thought it was a giraffe!

There is so much to share of what we saw. Each picture tells a story, some of them of incredible courage and love. Those stories need to be told, and some will be, beginning next week when I return from vacation. But for now, enjoy the photos. I hope you are enjoying your summer. Click below for thumbnails, and then click on the individual photos to enlarge.



See slideshow below:

No comments: