Thursday, November 1, 2012

Prayer in the Aftermath of Hurricane Sandy

By Rabbi Sami Barth:

“Esa enai el leharim – me’ayin yavo ezri I lift my eyes to the high places- where will my help come from? Your Power God, Creator of the world, is manifest in the winds of the hurricane and the destruction they have caused. We turn to You to pray for the wisdom and strength of those responsible for preparation and rescue, for administration and co-ordination, the first and last responders. May they find the strength and courage the insight and judgment, the love of humanity to do their best to bring our wisdom and technology to alleviate suffering, to heal injury and to restore the services and infrastructure upon which our lives are built. And may we all find ourselves ready to give support, encouragement, love and gifts as needed. Ezri me’im Adonai, oseh shamayim va’arets; My help comes from Adonai Who made the heavens and the earth (Psalm 121; 1)”

No comments: