Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The View from Israel

I’m just back from a whirlwind week long vacation in Israel – it was great to spend time with my family there, including Dan, who is having a great semester at Hebrew U.  You can read one interestgin anecdote that I shared on my Times of Israel blog.   

This Thursday at 7:30 PM I’ll be sharing some reactions from my trip, plus reviewing the must-read Israel book of the year, Ari Shavit’s My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tragedy of Israel.  I’m delighted to be joined by co-presenter and TBE member Yaelle Azagoury, whose excellent review of the Shavit book appears in this week’s Jerusalem Report

Whether or not you have read the book, you should join us on Thursday.  You can also download a comprehensive reader’s guide here.

For those who have read the book, it would be very helpful if you could jot down one or two quotes from it that you found most interesting and bring them with you.

Yaelle, who grew up in Morocco, has taught Literature-Humanities at Columbia University, French and English Literature at Barnard and SUNY (Purchase College).  Her articles and book reviews have appeared in academic and non-academic magazines such as Lilith, the Jerusalem Report and the Jerusalem Post. She writes about art, literature and culture, primarily French, American and North African.


No comments: