- Get tickets and purchase ads for the Cantor's Concert on June 14
- See the film Paragraph 175 at Temple Sinai next Thursday night. This award winning documentary about LGBTQ persecution during the Holocaust is being co-sponsored by TBE, Temple Sinai and the JCC. Hosted by the Triangle Community Center. I will be part of a panel discussion following the film.
- Wear Orange on June 2, the first annual Gun Violence Awareness Day. People across the country will wear orange to honor all those who have been killed -- and inspire action to stop the gun violence that takes too many lives in America. Why orange? It's a color that symbolizes the value of human life. Hunters wear orange to alert other hunters that they're there - as a way to take care of their own life and the lives of others. Now, we're turning orange into a symbol for the value of human life everywhere. For more background on the Jewish values behind this cause, see my article "Guns and Moses."
- Look forward to Jewels Harrison's Bar Mitzvah is next week. See videos and backstory about Jewels, and also see my article in this week's Jewish Week about this special event.
- Take our very quick survey to determine Friday night start times moving forward.
Shabbat Shalom and Happy June!
Rabbi Joshua Hammerman