- The Talmud rabbis presented themselves as Stoic philosophers
- Synagogue buildings were Roman basilicas
- Hellenistic rhetoric professors educated sons of well-to-do Jews
- Zeus-Helios is depicted in synagogue mosaics across ancient Israel
- The Jewish courts were named after the Roman political institution, the Sanhedrin
- In Israel there were synagogues where the prayers were recited in Greek.
I'm sitting in this blender turning brown.
& the cook is scouting oil in the town.
I can't be eaten looking as I do. I need someone to take me out & cook me,
Or I'll really end up in a royal stew.
& I am waiting for Hanukkah to come
We must help them, we must be the ones to feed